Uncomfortable,unable to sleep,cold,sweating in night after application of almond oil on whole body

Last night, before going to bed i took a shower and after that i used almond oil on my entire body.
The result was that i couldn't sleep.I was feeling cold at times and sweating at other times.I felt uncomfortable all the time.
Is this related to almond oil or has nothing to do with that ?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later

If you have applied almond oil for the first time, it is possible that your symptoms may have been due to it. But if you have been applying routinely, then cause may be something different.

The other possible reason that I could think of is probably you might have had slight temperature and due to this you felt cold and sweating afterward.

Occasionally these symptoms could have occurred following a heavy food or food containing allergic stuff in it.

Indigestion and gas problem or gastric upset also produce this type of symptoms.

I hope I have given an answer to your query.

If there are any further query, please feel free to write to me. I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Uncomfortable,unable to sleep,cold,sweating in night after application of almond oil on whole body 2 hours later
I applied almond oil because my skin felt dry after the shower.

Are there any side effects of applying almond oil on large parts of the body?
Should i be careful with not applying too much ?
Can i continue doing that without worrying because it is harmless ?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 7 hours later

You apply almond oil daily does not harm.

You can apply on your whole body.

Apply it very gently on skin,never rub forcibly as by doing this it can cause irritation sometime..

Wish you Good Health