Unable to maintain erection due to tension. Any tablet to increase the erection?

I m an Asian Male, 33 years old married for 3 years. Since 2 years, as my wife & I were trying to conceive, due to tension, nowadays, I find it hard with my penis maintaining erection during intercourse. In the first two years, there were no problem at all. Can you recommend any TABLET (with no side effects) available in INDIAN MEDICAL SHOPS that could act like a Viagra? It could increase my sexual desire INSTANTLY and also maintains penis erection for sometime during intercourse? I have no other problems and no allergies. Normal weight. Normal height.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation at right time.

Important aspects of your query are:
• 33 years old male
• Tension related to infertility
• Currently complaint of erectile dysfunction.

The risk factors for erectile dysfunction are:

Psychological causes:
Most common cause in young patients. These include performance anxiety, emotional weakness, inferiority complex, stress, marital or relationship problems, low mood, feelings of guilt, and the effects of a past sexual and emotional trauma.

Physical causes:
Include neurological disorders, alcoholism, drug abuse, hormonal imbalances, diabetes, hypertension, blood vessel disease and chronic diseases.

Men with psychological problem usually have normal nocturnal erections and erections upon awakening, whereas men with physical problem often do not.

So in your case there is need to know cause of erectile dysfunction. As you mention about presence of stress and no other problems, I suspect psychological origin of problem which can be treated by counseling and drug treatment if needed. Viagra is used for treatment of erectile dysfunction even helpful in some cases of psychological origin. It is available in India under trade name Manforce 50mg. But physical examination by physician is necessary before using it.

Following measures will help you:
• do not worry.
• Daily aerobic exercise to increase blood circulation.
• Yoga and relaxation exercises.
• Treatment of physical causes if present.

Final message to you: worry less and take above measures.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.