Ultrasound showed small kidney and polycystic ovary.What treatment should be done?

Hi, Recently my ultrasound(abdomen and pelvis) scanning report showed that my right kidney is small in size and left one is bulky adn i do have polycystic ovary. under such condition, can i take the treatment for polycystic ovary(for conceiving ), does that treatment affects my kidney by anyway
Posted Sun, 27 Jan 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 9 minutes later
There is a high possibility that your right kidney is smaller because of what we call 'hypoplastic nature'. In such a case, the other kidney compensates for this by becoming larger, and thus ensuring that overall function is unaffected.
It looks like that is what has happened in your case - your left kidney being bulkier probably is due to what we term 'compensatory hypertrophy'.
If you have no issues such as recurrent urine, then you have nothing to worry about.
I suggest you get a baseline evaluation of your kidney function which will involve at least a Complete Urine Examination, Serum Creatinine measurement.
If these are normal, you probably can go ahead and take treatment for assisting conception.