Ultrasound showed nodules on thyroid. Have lump on head. Feeling dizzy, lightheaded and fatigue. Related?

Hello. I recently had an ultrasound of my thyroid and have nodules on my thyroid. I also have an unexplained lump on my head. I have some feelings of dizziness and light headed XXXXXXX Also some fatigue. Could they all be interrelated? Thanks for your help.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Thyroid nodules seen on the USG can be hormone secreting or cold ones (non-secreting).
Cold ones could be non-cancerous and sometimes cancerous.
The lump on the head if hard in consistency and fixed to underlying structures, could be related and usually is cancerous.
But there is no need to panic.

It is not very common to have such a cancer spread. It could be something benign and unrelated.

You need to undergo detailed evaluation for the thyroid nodules.
A thyroid nuclear scan, TFTs (thyroid function tests), labs are needed.
A surgical and endocrine opinion is worth.

Dizziness, lightheadedness, fatigue is common in both hyper or hypo-thyroid states. These appear related. TFTs would differentiate that.

A physical examination and thyroid scan can tell if it is likely to be cancer of the gland.

It would greatly help if you could upload a photo of the affected area (lump) or reports here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to YYYY@YYYY      with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

Do you have any breathlessness, change of voice, difficulty swallowing?

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!