Ultrasound showed bleeding cyst on ovary. Started bleeding between period. Having pain in anus

Hi. My body has been acting unusually lately. A couple of months ago I had an XXXXXXX ultrasound that showed a cyst on my right ovary that is bleeding into itself. Since then, I have been having two periods per month, which I am assuming is because of the cyst?

Since yesterday I have been having a very very tender lower right side. When I sit down I have pain in my anus, as well as a Hemmrhoid (sp?). The tenderness and anal pain feel very related.

I am a 35 year old woman, with one child, and had a normal bowel movement yesterday morning. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

I think you should seek medical attention.

The reason for acute pain in right lower side of abdomen could be :

>Ruptured cyst
>Infection in the area
>Stone disease

You need proper medical examination and other tests like ultrasound, blood counts etc as per your doctor’s advice.

It is better not to ignore this problem.

In mean time:

Take analgesic that you are comfortable with
Drink liquids only
Avoid lifting weight

I hope this helps.