Ask a Urologist   »  

Ulcers around opening of vagina, applied Canaston thrush cream. How did I catch them? Have cough, burning urination

Hi I have three what look like ulcers around the opening to my vagina that appeared two days ago they look like mouth ulcers, ive never had them before.. Im applying canaston thrush cream at the moment how can i cure them and how did i catch them? i have a bad chesty cough too and when i cough i have pain from the ulcerated area, it also stings when my urine passes over the ulcers.. ive been visiting my dad in hospital where they have closed the wards because of a bad seasonal flu virus on the wards.. could this be the cause?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
There can be numerous reasons for sores or ulcers at the mouth of vagina.
I need to have certain informations from you before being able to narrow down the possible reasons for these ulcers

Do they hurt or itch?
When did you first notice them?

Have you ever had them before?
Have they grown bigger?
How often do you have sexual activity?
Do you have painful urination?
Do you have painful sexual intercourse?
Do you have abnormal vaginal drainage?
Do you have any fever or vaginal bleeding?
Please supply these informations so that we can proceed ahead with our discussion.
Thanks and awaiting your reply.