Type 2 diabetic. Reading shows 350. Suggestions?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
iam a type 2 diabetic latey my #s are high as up to 350 a1c test shows high as well I have not changed my diet from when #s where . 90 to 100.could ths effect a uatest fro alchol I had to take for work
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.
This is significantly elevated BS and you need to change your medications or insuline dosage to regulate this. Dieatry changes are not the only factor that affects blood sugar. It can be raised in stress, physical activity, alcohol intake, or during some other methabolic and hormonal changes.
It cant affect test for alcohol, and thi stest cant affect your sugar levels.
So,you should visit endocrinologist and plan changes in treatment.And of course, follow antidiabetic diet.
WIsh you good health. If you have any questions I ll be happy to help. Regards
Follow-up: Type 2 diabetic. Reading shows 350. Suggestions? 1 hour later
etg test has proven faulty esp is specimen is shipped and is 24 to 48 hrs old are you positive idid touch any booze tested 0000ng/dl
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later

The EtG test is sensitive to the presence of any alcohol, even low-levels, and can detect alcohol in the urine several days after consumption. But the test is so sensitive, it can produce a positive test even when you are exposured to alcohol that is present in many daily use products such as hand sanitizers, medications, hygiene products, cosmetics, foods and other products that contain even small levels of alcohol. People can test positive for alcohol consumption even after being exposed to laundry detergent, antiperspirant, aftershave or hair spray so this is probably the reason for positive test. Regards