Type 2 diabetic. Have red rashes on arms. What is causing this?

my uncle is diabetic. he has type 2 diabetics. sometimes he has red rashes on his arms. however, when he does the gym, these red rashes disappear. I am concerned what is reason behind these red red rashes on his arms. I will be really appreciate your response
This is my email
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 25 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

The rashes which come and go can be urticaria/papular urticaria/cholinergic urticaria etc.

Do the rashes go away on its own?

Are they well defined?

Are the rashes raised like hives?Are they itchy/painful?

For how much time they remain?

On what drugs your father is now?

Can you upload the photos of the rashes?

If you can upload the photos of the affected area(arms ) ,it would be good to predict the condition.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.” Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as “Attention to Dr. Sudarshan”.

Anticipating your reply.