Ask a Urologist   »  

Two holes forming a tunnel under frenulum on the penis, squeezed hard lump oozing smegma, smelly. Any advice ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I am 50 years old and have just noticed two holes forming a kind of tunnel under my frenulum on my penis. There was a hard lump of whatI believe to be smegma which I squeesed out yesterday (it was like a grain of long grain rice and smely awful. This morning it is oozing smegma in small quantities and smeels the same. Is this the result of a botched circumsision and can I get this hole sewn up so it doesn't keep filling up with smegma. My wife is obviously very concerned and doesn't want me anywhere near her until it is sorted out, as you can imagine! Any advice please?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
It seems that your smegma is getting collected in the groove between foreskin and the glans. Attaching a photograph of the lesion will help me in a better understanding. You can upload the image in the box provided on the right side.
An awful smelling discharge is likely to be due to a local infection.
Cleaning the area thoroughly with soap and water will help in decreasing the amount of discharge.
You may need to have systemic antibiotics after a thorough examination. I encourage you to consult with your primary physician for appropriate antibiotics and further management.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Two holes forming a tunnel under frenulum on the penis, squeezed hard lump oozing smegma, smelly. Any advice ? 3 hours later
I don't think I made myself clear. I have had a circumsision when I was a child so I have no foreskin. I don't know how I can send a photo as there doesn't seem to be a way on this site. There is a small pin prick sixe hole at the base of the glans which comes out about 10mm further down the shaft of the penis. There is no way that just washing with soap and water wil get into the hole to clean it. A pipe cleaner would be more appropriate but I am sure this can't be right. It does not appear to be infected or give me any pain it is just that smagma builds up in this hole with no apparent way of getting it out. If you can tell me how to send a photo I would be happy to. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
You can upload an image in the box provided on the right hand side of this query box.
Alternatively, you can send an email to the customer care with heading ATTN: DR. Praveen Tayal and send the images as an attachment.
You have provided with a good description and I can understand the problem better now.
I think there is a false passage that has formed below the frenulum in which smegma keeps on collecting. Yes, you can get this false passage closed under the guidance of your Urologist.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.