Trying to get pregnant. Is it safe to take a alcohol?

I am trying to get pregnant and read online that it was OK to 'drink till it's pink' so I decided to have several drinks this weekend. I was feeling pretty tipsy/almost drunk after having 3 sizable drinks. I know from charting BBT that I ovulated the same day that I did this. We also had sex that night, so I think it's possible I could have conceived. Even though I read it's OK to 'drink till it's pink', I am feeling super guilty and worried. I am NOT planning on drinking another sip of alcohol until I know if I'm pregnant or not. I supposed I am just looking for someone to tell me that I have not done any harm to the embryo. I am fully aware of the negative effect alcohol can have on a developing fetus... I was just under the impression that drinking around the days of conception would make no difference. If you are able to, please set my mind at ease.
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 37 minutes later
First i can assure you that if you are pregnant now there has been no harm caused to the embryo.If you have ovulated last weekend, then chances of pregnancy are always there. Though there is no harm at present,once the pregnancy is confirmed and the 1 st trimester starts then any kind of insult like drugs,alcohol,trauma etc can have a negative impact. Long term use of alcohol,even pre conception can cause problems during conception.So i suggest that if you are planning a pregnancy,stay off alcohol completely.A good,nutritious diet and plenty of exercise is important.