Trying to gain weight. Is there any side effect of dexona and ceplactin tablet?

Nov 2013

My age is 29 and my weight is around 50kg and iam very skinny, my friend suggest me Dexona and ceplactin tablets. Is there any side effects of this medicine and within how much days it shows result?
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 10 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to point that taking these medications without any doctor's advice can be potentially harmful.

Dexona is a steroid with multiple side effects such as high BP, high sugars, increased infections, lower immunity, acidity, pimples, bone weakness, etc.

Ceplactin is used for treating allergy, and occasionally used for anorexia nervosa (a psychiatric disorder where the affected person does not eat food).

I would suggest you to get checked up for any diseases, which may be responsible for your underweight, before you decide to take any medicines.

As of now, please avoid dexona and ceplactin.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog:
Follow-up: Trying to gain weight. Is there any side effect of dexona and ceplactin tablet? 16 minutes later
thanks sir for your prompt reply.

I already done my checkup but everything is normal, and I am thin from my childhood. Few months back I joined gym and take protein shake which help me to gain weight but now when I left gym again I am same as before.

Could you please suggest me any medicine by which I put over some fat within a month. As I am going to marry by next month.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 minutes later

Thank you for getting back with more details.

I think the natural methods are better, such as what you did earlier. Eating good food including milk, non-veg, dry fruits, etc, and exercises in the gym. These are full proof and safe methods for gaining weight.

There is no safe medicine just for gaining weight.

Marriage is a happy occasion and I wish you all the best.

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)