Trying to conceive, prescribed Fertyl. How did the doctor prescribe medication without semen analysis?

hi my name is XXXXXXX . 37 yr old from ahmednagar, maharshtra ,india…. having 1 dughter of 5 yrs... we are trying for second issue... last 3-4 months we are trying.. but my wife not conceived..we consulted a doctor ... after my wife's HSG test reports normal. our doctor given pyridoxine sustained release & folic acid tab , ovacare , clofert-100 to my wife ..
Also doctor suggested to take me the fertyl M tablet for one month & asked us take a chance for this month..
please tell me , am i going correct, without semen analysis how doctor ( OBGYN) suggested me fertyl M ? will it help ? ( as i don't know the sperm count) ? if i am normal then after taking fertyl M , will it not increase my sperm count than normal ? what are its effects if it goes beyond standard?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 30 minutes later
Hello and thanks for query.
Ideally infertility is supposed to be present if couple has tried natural methods for one year without any pregnancy.
In fact both the partners should be investigated if pregnancy doesn't take place.
If HSG of your wife is normal even then she should be investigated for diabetes,thyroid diseases,ovarian cysts,pelvic inflammatory diseases etc.
Male infertility reasons could be
Excessive alcohol consumption
Smoking and use of drugs like marizuana ,heroine,cocaine etc.

Yes it looks strange that semen analysis has not been done.
If your sperm counts are normal then fertiyl M is not going to help you and it is not not going to cause any problem to you if you take it unnecessarily.

You should talk to your doctor and discuss the reason for prescribing fertiyl M without any sperm analysis.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and wish you good luck.