Trying to conceive. Treated for pleural effusion in left lung. All reports are normal. Suggest a solution?

We have been trying for pregnancy for more than 1 year. We were told by Gync doctor to try on Day 13, 14 and 16 for intercourse for prgnancy. However after trying for almost 1 year when pregnancy did not happen. We were told to do some tests and consult Infertility expert. Reports attached.

I (husband) is a Type-2 Diabetic from past 1 year and currently diabetes is under control. Wife doesn't have pre-existing ailments. She was treated for Pleural effusion in left lung 12 years back and is doing fine.

Our question is why my wife is not conceiving even our reports show all fine. We were told by doctors to go for IUI.
Currently we are advised to take below medicines and try naturally for 2 months
Husband -- Fertisure M (2 times a day)
Wife -- T Siphene 100 mg (1 time a day)
Wife -- Progaynova 2 mg (3 times a day)
Recentlty doctor also advised for Injection Menogun 75 on Day 6 and 7.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its difficult to know the exact cause

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Gynecology, working with an experienced Infertility specialist. I answer on his behalf.

Conception is a complex process, it involves numerous hormones and processes which is difficult to be tracked. The tests you mentioned are basic and have no problem in them , well there are other tests like hormonal estimation, follicular ovarin scan etc and many other to find out the reason even which could not be reliable.

Hence, usually doctors would concentrate on the treatment rather than finding the cause spending time on the same.

Do proceed with the treatment advised it does have good results.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Treated for pleural effusion in left lung. All reports are normal. Suggest a solution? 6 hours later
We are getting Folicular scan for done past 2 months as well with the infertility expert on 2 day of the period onwards. Would you advise to go for IUI if the current treatment doesn't work.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, a better and reliable option for fertility in the initial stages of intervention would be through IUI.

Do proceed for the same, as the chances are more for success.