Trying to conceive. Test showed large follicle and thick endometrium. Asked to take Prognova and fertigyn. Suggest?

Hi , I am 28 years old. We have been tryying to conceive for 6 months but when it din happen we showed to a gynae. On the 14th day the size of follicle is 17mm . My endometrium lining was 6mm . My doctor has asked to take progynova two tablets a day and fertigyn 0000 injection. She asked me to come for IUI on my 16th day, I wanted to know should I go for IUI or try naturally.
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Depends upon the cause of infertility

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on XXXXXXX

There are many causes of infertility including male and female factors.And there are certain indications of IUI most important of them include cervical stenoses, hostile mucus of cervix,defective sperm quality or quantity,immune factor.male impotency or unexplained factor.

If your doctor has investigated you and has found one of the above factors as the possible cause of your infertility, then there is no harm in choosing IUI as the method for conception.

Along with this, you should keep yourself relaxed and have good diet and good sleep to increase the chances of conception.

Good Luck
Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you had any further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Test showed large follicle and thick endometrium. Asked to take Prognova and fertigyn. Suggest? 28 minutes later
The doctor has diagnosed PCOS to me. I forgot to mention that .
If you could please now let me know what you think if I should go ahead with IUI or try naturally?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ovulation induction may be required

Detailed Answer:
If you had been diagnosed with PCOS then most important thing you require is treatment with a biguanide(metformin) and check for your ovulation process with the help of mid-cycle USG or ovulation kits.

If ovulation is defective,which is the basic pathology in PCOS, then patient cannot conceive by any method untill it is corrected.

If it is good, then you can conceive by both the methods.