Trying to conceive. Taking pregnacare and follic acid. Having irregular period. Prognosis?

Question
Im TTC so im currently taking pregnacare conception and follic acid, i also av a weird/ menstrual cycle sometimes the last 3 cycles have bn 37, 29 and 32days
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
You seem to suffer from Polycystic ovarian disease. If you have been ttc for more than a year, I think you need to get a few tests done. You can try Ask a Doctor for further information

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Taking pregnacare and follic acid. Having irregular period. Prognosis? 1 hour later
Ive only been ttc since december 2012, but im just worried. What will u advise i do pls?
My period barely flows for 3days and like i earlier said my cycle is weird.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
Hello
You seem to have prolonged menstrual cycles. Most common cause for this is hormonal imbalance. You have been ttc for last 3 months only. First step would be to regularize the cycles. For that the cause needs to be identified. Get your hormone levels tested first for LH,FSH,PROLACTIN,TSH. Along with that get an ultrasound of the pelvis and adnexa. If you are overweight,you need to get into shape by diet and exercise. If all your levels are normal and the ultrasound is also normal,then you can be given medication to make your cycles regular. Once that course is complete, ovulation induction can be done. You need to know that its a time consuming process and will take time. Be patient.

Follow-up: Trying to conceive. Taking pregnacare and follic acid. Having irregular period. Prognosis? 7 minutes later
Another thing i noticed recently was that about 3weeks ago i was seeing tiny blood stains on my toilet tissue when i clean up after i pee, it stopped after somedays and then i saw it started again. Im mot seeing the blood stains at the moment. I even thought i was pregnant due to the blood stains, but my period came march 21st to 23rd and i tested negative to Pregnancy test. Sometimes the blood stains on thr toilet paper came as tiny blood clots

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 hours later
This is called intermenstrual spotting. This breakthrough bleeding can occur due to many reasons but usually its due to hormonal imbalance. Mid cycle spotting is also common. I suggest you get some tests done first. Then you can get a better idea of that may not be the problem. Once you are on medication your cycles will become regular without breakthrough bleeding. Also get a pap smear done.