Trying to conceive. Missing periods. PG test negative. Will the urine HCG test give accurate results ?

We are trying for kids.

My menstrual cyle is from 26th - 26th everymonth.Very regular .
I missed July 26th period .

I have checked with home pregneny last week which showed negative .
Again today I repeated home pregnency test ,showed negative again .

Both tests I carried in the evening .

Please advise .Will the urine HCG test give accurate results ?
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 41 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

You missed your periods on July 26th and today is 11th Aug so you are almost 16days overdue.

The blood HCG levels show positive results after 11 days of conception and urine shows positive results as soon as you miss your periods

If your urine test done twice is negative then it is less likely to see the positive results in blood but still there are chances of false negative results so it is better to get them done

Ultrasound is also a better tool to see the gestational sac and the cause of delayed periods like polycystic ovaries

If the tests for pregnancy are negative then you should get your thyroid profile done

Till then just relax and wait for the results

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome