Trying to conceive. Is IVF only the solution for blocked tubes? What is the success rate?

May 2013
I 39 years male and my wife 35 years, we are trying for baby for last 9 years , My wifes both tubes are blocked Doctors are suggested to go for IVF. I want to know only IVF is the solution for blocked tubes ?. and what is sucess rate of IVF as this is costly treatment.
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

The treatment of blocked tubes depends on the extent and position of the block, condition of the tubes, cause of the block etc.
As your wife already undergone surgery for unblocking the tubes with no improvement in fertility the doctors might have suggested IVF.
According to your wife's age the success rates of IVF are:
Pregnancy rate: 38.9
Live birth rate: 31.7.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.