Trying to conceive. Have PCOS, taking Diamet and Osure. Semen analysis normal. Took Clomid and follicule analysis. Further?

Infertility Specialist
We are trying to conceive for almost eight months. Wife has PCOS and taking Diamet 500 BLong F and Oosure.The doctor said her PCOS is not serious at all. She is not over weight, but slim. She is 26 and I am 29. I did a semen analysis and everything looks fine. She had clomid 50 for 3 cycles , still not got pregnant. Last month doctor asked us to do Follicle analysis without clomid. She ovulated the 17th day past LMP. We had an intercourse for almost a week, but got disappointed as she got periods. Could you please suggest us the next steps to be taken on the treatment. We havent gone to an infertility specialist yet, but a gynecologist. Please advise. No blood tests taken so far except the thyroid test. Please advise me on the next level treatment and will IUI be a good option?
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need of complicated treatment right now.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX
When ovulation is occurring regularly, both tubes are patent & semen is fine; chance of conception in 12 months is 85%.
In your case I don't know whether wife's menstrual cycles are regular or not.
If cycles are regular, you have tried just for 8 months. You can wait safely for another 3-4 months before going for further treatment.
If cycles are irregular & ovulation occurred only with Clomid (Except last cycle), you have tried just for 4 cycles. In that case also you can try for another 3 ovulatory cycles before going for further treatment.

Whether wife's tubes have been tested?
If wife had any abdominal surgery in past OR any episode of pelvic infection in past, tubal patency test needs to be done. If there is no such history, you need not do it right now.

One general advice for improving fertility is not to restrict intercourse around ovulation (You can try twice or thrice a week irrespective of ovulation). It will take down the stress & help in conception.

For exact advice I need following information.
1. Report of semen analysis.
2. Whether menstrual cycles are regular or not? What is the length of cycle?
3. Whether any tubal patency test was done? If yes, what was the result?
4. Whether wife had any abdominal surgery in past OR any episode of pelvic infection in past?

Awaiting reply.