Trying for pregnancy, suffering from PCOD. Took injections to grow egg and done IUI. Advised for progesterone tablets vaginally. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
HI ,

We have been trying for pregnancy from last 4 years. My wife is suffering from PCOD. Now she took injections to grow egg and done IUI on Mar 14th.

We went to hospital on apr 6th. Urine test went well, It says it is positive.

We met doctor, She have done a scan.

Result is: XXXXXXX Single interaction with gestational Sac + Minimal Bleed +"

And SAC size is 8.2 mm. And she advised to take progestrone tablets vaginally. We are following the advise.

We should to go see doctor on Monday(apr 15).

I am tensed with waiting game. Could any body suggest me , that whether i can expect good news or not?
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 18 minutes later
As the pregnancy test is positive and ultrasound showed single intrauterine gestational sac, there is much possibility for viable pregnancy.
The minimal bleed could be due to embedding gestational sac into the decidual layer of the uterus.
Usually this will be absorbed soon. Progesterone tablets will help in growth of the gestation sac.
In the next scan you can possibly see live fetus and heart beat may also be noted. Hope for the best.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Trying for pregnancy, suffering from PCOD. Took injections to grow egg and done IUI. Advised for progesterone tablets vaginally. Suggest? 9 minutes later
Thank you So much for your reply maam.

I am worried because, She some times feel pain in her abdominal, Urinating very frequently. I did not heard from her saying her boobs are soaring. And i did not see any vomiting. Worry is because before 4 months, She missed her period , We have done urine test it was positive. After a week she got her Menses.

In the morning she was telling that she was very nervous because she felt like she is about to get menses and bleeding. But thank god she did not see any bleeding.

She is taking completed bed rest now, And she is sleeping more in day time.

She is taking these tablets now

Gestofit(vaginally)
Folinal(folic Acid)
Obimette - SR

Does she need to take any additional tablets?
Please suggest me on this.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 31 minutes later
Some amount of abdominal pain is common during pregnancy, that can be caused due to growing uterus, stretching of ligaments etc.
Frequency of urine is also common due to increased blood supply to plevic organs and also due to pressure of growing uterus on bladder.
But better to rule out symptoms of pregnancy and usually recurrent causes of miscarriages are not common, so no need to worry.
As she is taking progesterone supplementation, it will usually prevent miscarriage.
You try to console her as nervousness, anxiety etc affect the general health and baby growth.
She can continue the tablets and rest as your doctor adviced, these are sufficient at this stage.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Trying for pregnancy, suffering from PCOD. Took injections to grow egg and done IUI. Advised for progesterone tablets vaginally. Suggest? 5 minutes later
your answers really boosted my hope. Dhanyadamulu. Shall i keep the discussion active, Because i will get her latest reports on Monday and can i take your suggestion again?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 7 minutes later
You are welcome. You can post her reports. I will be available to answer the followup questions.

Follow-up: Trying for pregnancy, suffering from PCOD. Took injections to grow egg and done IUI. Advised for progesterone tablets vaginally. Suggest? 16 days later
Hello maam,

As you know the status i went to doctor yesterday for scan.

Doctor was telliing Baby is Normal but bleeding is there. And she asked us to admit.
And i have attached her prescription and Injections what she is using.

Is it necessary to admit over there? And the injection what they are using is really serves purpose?

Please let me know, Thanks

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 46 minutes later

Sometimes bed rest will hasten the absorption of the sub chorionic hemorrhage and can prevent further bleeding.
So she can get admitted as adviced by your doctor.
The injections prescribed are:
Inj tranostat helps in preventing further bleed.
Inj Tramadol helps in decreasing the pain.
Inj beta HCG helps in maintenance of pregnancy.
So she can use them.

Follow-up: Trying for pregnancy, suffering from PCOD. Took injections to grow egg and done IUI. Advised for progesterone tablets vaginally. Suggest? 1 hour later
Hello Maam,

I am sorry i forgot to mention that it is not external bleeding. We went for scan yesterday.

She told that Baby is normal, And it is 19.4 mm for 8 weeks. And she could see some XXXXXXX bleeding. Then she told that, It will be good to admit if you dont want to take risk. Then i have admitted.

Here are my questions.

1. As i heard that XXXXXXX bleeding is common in few women, Is that true?
2. Baby size is 19.4 mm for 8 weeks, Is the baby is normal?
3. Does this XXXXXXX bleeding lead to Abortion as our doctor told?

Please do not think that i am doubting the doctor, As i am eagerly waiting from 4 years for this time, It really disappoints. Please give your valuable feedback.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 29 minutes later

What I told was about XXXXXXX bleeding only. As your doctor mentioned 'SCH +' in the report, that is sub chorionic hemorrhage.
1.It can occurs in some women. When the developing gestational sac invades into the uterine wall it can rupture few blood vessels leading to bleeding.

2.Yes, it is within normal range.
Reference: WWW.WWWW.WW
3.Yes, sometimes it can lead to. If the bleeding continues that can accumulate between the gestational sac and uterine wall and can lead to separation of gestational sac, that can affect the baby growth etc.
But don't worry, minimal bleeding will usually absorb. So let your wife take rest and medicines as adviced by your doctor. Hopefully she can continue the pregnancy, don't get disappointed.