Trying for conception. Suggested to have intercourse during ovulation period. Having difficulty in erection and sexual desire. Medication without side effects?

Psychiatrist
Question
I m an Asian Male, 33 years old married for 3 years. Since 2 years, as my wife & I were trying to conceive. In the first two years, there were no problem at all. Nowadays doctor asks my wife to do intercourse as many times as possible during the ovulation period.
For this problem, PLEASE recommend any TABLET (Allopathy or Ayurvedic with no side effcets) available in INDIAN MEDICAL SHOPS that could INSTANTLY increase my sexual desire and create sexual mood and also maintains penis erection and enables me to do intercourse many times a day.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

I want to clarify some issues from you.

1. The decrease in desire that you are talking of, is for "few time sex" or for "as many times as possible". From your question it seems you mean the latter one. If so, how many times you mean " "as many times as possible" ( 2-3 times, 4-5 times, etc).

2. Also, do you have adequate erection when you perform "few times" during non-ovulation period?

3. Are you preoccupied with this? or do you get anxious to "perform" many times or for a longer time?

Answer to the above questions would help me to guide you better before directly advising the medicines.

Because, success in many stages of sexual intercourse are psychological in origin, hence understanding and knowing the methods to improve it are very helpful, rather than remaining in an XXXXXXX that taking a tablet will help everything.

Nonetheless, there are allopathic medicines available for erection problems, and can be used on short-term. Usually, the ayurvedic medicines available in Indian Market, claiming beneficial for such conditions, to my experience in using such patients, not. One may disagree with me.

I await for your response.

Good luck.

Follow-up: Trying for conception. Suggested to have intercourse during ovulation period. Having difficulty in erection and sexual desire. Medication without side effects? 12 hours later
I wanted to do intercourse atleast 2 or 3 times per day especially during my wife' s ovulation period. Due to this pre-occupied mindset, I am not able to get erection frequently (after doing sex once a day) and do intercourse and release sperm.

Suggest me medicine which could increase my sexual desire to do intercourse atleast 2 or 3 times per day, especially during ovulation time.

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 9 hours later
Thanks XXXXXXX for the clarification

Here are some suggestions.

1. More is the gap between intercourses, better is the chance. Because in males, after ejaculation (release of sperms) resolution phase lasts for 30 mins to few hrs and varies from individual. But gap of 6-8 hrs so as to cover 24 hrs i.e 1 day should be reasonable gap.

2. Preoccupation with inability leads to not being able to focus on the body parts (internally, mentally) or not being able to feel the touch, romantic talks etc. This leads to decrease desire and in turn decrease onset of erection and decrease duration of erection. This needs to be understood and practiced.

And, at the same time ask your wife to be in similar mood as that described for you. Because always sex is a bilateral emotional exchange process not a mechanical one between two or nor that one partner would be a absolutely passive one.

3. The intercourse during ovulation period need to be done in the mind set of "non-ovulatory period" or in the mind set of initial periods of mating with your wife ( for e.g imagining and recalling the first meetings of you and your wife, situations, talks etc).

4. Consider taking Sildenafil or Tardalafil group of drugs 30-45 min before the intercourse after discussing with your doctor. It will help achieving and sustaining erection and would be better if you follow point no. 1, 2, 3. However this should not be taken frequently, particularly if you have pulse rate less than 60/min or any cardiac arrythmia without cardiac consultation.

5. Overall, the goal should be attained and I am sure, if you follow sincearlly you will achieve. Many people of such nature have succeeded in such situations following such tips in our day to day clinical experience.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Regards.