Treatment options for Chronic microvascular ischemic disease of brain

I there any help for chronic microvascular ischemic disease in brain?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Chronic microvascular ischaemic disease of brain is usually associated with long term diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, hypertension or is an age related degenerative change seen in Alzheimer's disease.
The changes which have already happened in the brain are difficult to reverse. We can only decrease their further progression only to some extent by having an adequate control of blood glucose and cholesterol levels with the help of medicines.
I am sorry you are dealing with this frustrating concern and I hope you can find yourself in better health soon with the help of your GP.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.