Treatment for stomach pain and sticky stools?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
my daughter is 12 years old. she is having pain in the middle and upper portion of stomach since one week. she is having sticky motion. her stool examination result showed colour: brown consistency: semi solid reaction: alkaline pus cell :0-1 epithelial cells: ocassional cysts: entamoeba histolica 0-1 others:absent
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like amoebiasis Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to to health care magic. Your daughters stool tests look like amoebiasis which is caused by a parasite. This is usually treated with metronidazole for atleast 7 days. I see good improvement after antibiotic therapy in most of my patients. Your treating doctor will know about this medicine. Also give her probiotics like bifilac twice daily which I usually give in my clinic. Ensure she takes oral electrolyte solutions frequently like electral. Regards Dr Arun
Follow-up: Treatment for stomach pain and sticky stools? 21 hours later
she had ABZ on sunday to be repeated after 15 days she is having O2H for 5days
Answered by Dr. Arun 3 hours later
Brief Answer: You can give Detailed Answer: You can give the medications your kid is currently on. If not improving will need repeat stool examination.