Treatment for recurring nausea, cramping, stomach swelling, diarrhea and vomiting after eating?

General Surgeon
For 2-3 weeks I've had reoccurring bouts of nausea, cramping, stomach swelling, diahrea, and vomiting after eating. Can u please tell me what could be causing this? I keep a little nausea feeling in my throat ..if that makes sense. This last bout was really bad. Direah and vomiting at same time. Had to lay on floor...vomiting...too weak to move. Stayed in bed all day the next day.
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 16 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms can be caused by partial bowel obstruction which should be ruled out first. This condition can be caused by abdominal adhesions(if you have had any surgeries before), large intestine polyps, large intestine cancer. Inflammatory bowels disease (like Crohns disease) is also possible.
If you have had lost weight recently, had constipations or diarrheas before, have had blood in stool, colon cancer is more possible. That is why you should not wait anymore and visit your doctor. Abdominal X-ray, abdominal ultrasound, blood work should be done at first.
If the obstruction will be ruled out, bacterial infection, peptic ulcer, pancreas disease can be also the reason of such symptoms. That is why, the next step should be stool tests, liver and pancreas tests and upper GI endoscopy.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.