Treatment for post traumatic disorder?

how do I deal with post traumatic disorder ? I am very stressed and have suicidal thoughts.
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hi, there are good medications for it.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. Fortunately, there are very good methods of treatment for SSRI can help for many symptoms and doctors give it after the first assessment. However, many people who have post traumatic stress disorder may have sleep problems. Doctors may give a medication from the class of alpha 2 blockers to treat those problems especially if the person has nightmares. Or the doctor may give a medication from the class of benzodiazepines for sleep which can help to control the anxiety during the day as well. I wish you the best health.