Treatment for pain in penis during intercourse?

Psychiatrist
Question
Recently i tried having sex with my gf, i couldnt insert my penis and had pain while inserting on my penis head. This resulted in losing my erection
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Causes could be unlubricated vagina, inexperience Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query. The problem that you have experienced is a common problem faced by young couples who are inexperienced in sexual intercourse. Pain in the penis while trying to insert could be due to a tight or unlubricated vagina. Sometimes it could also be due to hypersensitivity of the glans (head) of the penis, which again, is common when having sex the first few times. The pain / discomfort and the added frustration / anxiety that you are not able to perform could have led to the loss of erection. Don't worry, this is not indicative of any major sexual dysfunction. I would suggest that you increase the forplay with your partner, so that she is well aroused and lubricated so that the insertion becomes easy. This will also ensure that you are also fully aroused and have a good erection before attemting penetration. Don't get too anxious about performance and try not to rush things. You can also try using a lubricant (like KY jelly) to prevent pain and discomfort during intercourse. I'm sure that with these suggestions and reassurance, and with some more experience, you will be able to perform sexual intercourse normally. Regards, Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist

Follow-up: Treatment for pain in penis during intercourse? 5 minutes later
What do i do about my sensitive penis glans, is normal to have a sensitive penis glans. Would using a water based jelly be preferable.

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Normal during first few times... Detailed Answer: Hello again, Hypersensitivity of the penis is fairly normal during the first few times of sexual intercourse. The glans is normally covered with the foreskin where it is kept moist and lubrictated to prevent friction and discomfort. But during intercourse, when the foreskin gets retracted (partly or fully) and the glans gets exposed, if there is not sufficient moisture or lubrication, it can become hypersensitive. That is why adequate lubrication is necessary to prevent discomfort. Using a clean water-based lubricant should be okay. Regards, Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist