Treatment for knee pain for the last two weeks?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
have knee pain for past 2 weeks.
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please provide some more information. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. There are numerous causes and conditions that result in pain in the knee joints. Please provide some more information with regard to your symptoms by answering the below mentioned queries, to arrive at a possible diagnosis. - onset of pain (sudden or gradual) - location of pain in the knee joints (front, back or sides of the joint) - nature of pain (stabbing, burning, throbbing etc) - aggravating and relieving factors for pain ( whether pain is getting worse during walking, sitting ,climbing stairs etc and whether pain is relieved by taking rest) - Any other joint pains noted in the body - any history of fever along with swelling in the knee joints - Is the pain present continuously throughout the day or is limited only to certain activities I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: Treatment for knee pain for the last two weeks? 21 hours later
thanks for replying, it is a gradual pain, pain persist whole day, aggravate while climbing stairs, unable walk fast on treadmill. pain in the hip (joints again), some time fever and cold (no medication)
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Physiotherapy and Life style modifications Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You might be suffering from patellar tendinitis or chondromalacia patellae, which causes pain in your knee when you try to climb the stairs. This type of knee pain related to overuse or physical activity. Generally physiotherapy for your quadriceps muscle with straight leg raising and knee mobilisation will improve your muscle strength and will decrease the progression of pain. Life style modifications like avoiding stairs, squatting, sitting cross legged will also help in reducing your symptoms. Reducing weight is of prime importance if you are overweight. If the pain is severe, you can take ibuprofen 1 tab as and when required after meals to relieve pain and inflammation. Hope this helps you. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile WWW.WWWW.WW