Treatment for headache, stomach ache, dizziness and diarrhea?

General Surgeon
Sunday - Tuesday constant diarrhoea, since then need to poo after eating which is very loose, constant cramping, feeling sick, today have had headaches and slight dizziness at times as well. I am female, 25 and do have diabetes type 1, blood sugar well controlled and readings are normal at present. Even when I catch a stomach bug I'm not usually affected so much and will usually just be sick once maybe. I haven't had diarrhoea for years.
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Diarrhea appears usually due to viral or bacterial infection of the intestines. Most of diarrhea can be cured at home and do not need medical attention, however if it takes more than few days for symptoms to disappear, doctors visit is necessary.
If you have any blood in stool you should not wait anymore and go to the doctor.
If the stool is just watery, you may try some treatment at home.
Please follow this steps:
- have soft diet
- take Nifuroxazide 200 mg 4x1 and Loperamide 4 mg 3x1
- drink plenty of water
- take probiotics 3x1
- Metamizole or Buscolisyne can be helpful with abdominal pain

If it wont make any difference in a day, you should visit your doctor and have stool tests performed.

If dizziness will aggravate, heart rate will be higher than 100 and blood pressure will get lower, this are the signs of dehydration and you should visit your doctor as soon as possible.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.