Treatment for child's fever and pain in forehead and eyes?
User rating for this question
My 2.5yr old has been running fever for over 12 hrs of 100-103. Ive kept her hydrated with water and V-8 juice. Says forehead and eyes hurt, no other symptoms.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 7 minutes later
Follow-up: Treatment for child's fever and pain in forehead and eyes? 11 minutes later
As my daughters pediatrician is closed on Saturdays. Would you recommend Urgent care facility? Her weight is 35 lbs. at what temperature should my concern become urgent/emergency?
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 19 hours later
Brief Answer: I think you can wait! Detailed Answer: Hello! Apologies fir the late reply. If you haven't seen a doctor yet, you can wait. Viral fevers have a tendency to have high fever and it may go to 103-104 ,so, please don't worry! However I would like you to rush him to an emergency care if 1) fever crosses 104 2) he develops vomiting or loose stools or stomach pain 3) stops eating, becomes dull or disoriented 4) develops rashes or any glandular swelling 5) develops cough with mucus Otherwise, paracetamol syrup will suffice. Take care and please don't worry, he will do well!
People also viewed
- Coenzyme q10 and green stool
- Suggest treatment for fever with pain in forehead and eye
- Treatment for stomach pain and fever of child
- Suggest treatment for fever with eye pain and headaches
- Periods delayed after intercourse how to avoid pregnancy if pregnant
- Typhoid fever treatment for child
- 3 year old fontanelle not closed
- 8 year old keeps complaining she feels sick
- When will bloating reduce after taking medicine
- Are vitamin b injections helpful in treating anaemia
- What can cause a red like sun burn on chest
- What is the treatment for fever in a child
- What could brown or red blotches on skin be
- Toddler complaining of being hot with no reason
- My son complains of hot feet