Treatment for child's fever and pain in forehead and eyes?
User rating for this question
My 2.5yr old has been running fever for over 12 hrs of 100-103. Ive kept her hydrated with water and V-8 juice. Says forehead and eyes hurt, no other symptoms.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 7 minutes later
Follow-up: Treatment for child's fever and pain in forehead and eyes? 11 minutes later
As my daughters pediatrician is closed on Saturdays. Would you recommend Urgent care facility? Her weight is 35 lbs. at what temperature should my concern become urgent/emergency?
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 19 hours later
Brief Answer: I think you can wait! Detailed Answer: Hello! Apologies fir the late reply. If you haven't seen a doctor yet, you can wait. Viral fevers have a tendency to have high fever and it may go to 103-104 ,so, please don't worry! However I would like you to rush him to an emergency care if 1) fever crosses 104 2) he develops vomiting or loose stools or stomach pain 3) stops eating, becomes dull or disoriented 4) develops rashes or any glandular swelling 5) develops cough with mucus Otherwise, paracetamol syrup will suffice. Take care and please don't worry, he will do well!
People also viewed
- Calm skin chamomile cleanser
- Suggest treatment for fever with pain in forehead and eye
- Sulfameth trimeth used for
- Treatment for stomach pain and fever of child
- Suggest treatment for fever with eye pain and headaches
- Breast milk supply low
- Sodium chloride nasal drops
- Signs of aids in newborn
- Typhoid fever treatment for child
- Fluid in mastoid air cells
- Fluid in mastoid air cells and dizziness
- Sodium chloride saline solution
- What is the treatment for fever in a child
- Sinus ct and halar air cells
- Air rumbling vaginal and cancer