Treatment for abdominal pain, constipation and bloating?

Jan 2013

stomach burningI've been constipated for the past month. my stomach feels bloated and i have pain on the middle of my stomach. i also feel with the need to go to the bathroom but i can't.
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 51 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcaremgic forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with abdominal pain.
Do you have spasmodic abdominal pain/ nausea or vomiting/ fever?
Do you have acidic belching/ excessive flatulence/ yellow discoloration of eyes and urine?

With the available describes symptoms, there appears to be possibility of acute bacterial gastroenteritis.
Gastroenteritis is of two types: viral and bacterial.
Viral gastroenteritis is associated with foul smelling watery diarrhea, spasmodic abdominal pain, fever.
Bacterial gastroenteritis is associated with frequent urge for using washroom but nothing coming out, spasmodic abdominal pain, fever and at times with bleeding per rectum.

You should consult with your treating doctor/ XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for complete hemogram, thyroid profile and blood sugar, serum calcium and stool routine microscopic examination.
You should also go for endoscopy for better clarification.
Hypothyroidism and diabetes may be associated with abdominal bloating and constipation.

Meanwhile, you should take complete antibiotic course and antispasmodics, proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics (which increase gastrointestinal motility).

Kindly follow these dietary restrictions:
1) Avoid tomatoes, citrus fruits, onion, garlic, oily and spicy food (particularly at night times), tea and coffee.
2) Keep difference of 3 hours between meals and sleep.
3) Take soft diet along with yogurt.
4) Take frequent small amount meals.
5) Avoid milk and all milk related product i.e. cheese. butter.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Treatment for abdominal pain, constipation and bloating? 16 minutes later
with the constipation can my lower right side hurt. like on my ovaries
i have small spots of yellow and my urine is kinda yellow
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 3 minutes later
You should also go for x XXXXXXX abdomen along with ultrasound imaging to rule out lower abdomen pathology.
Let me know the reports of above prescribed investigations.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Treatment for abdominal pain, constipation and bloating? 25 hours later
hii dr. i went today to the clinic and the dr said i had a bladder infection do to that im constipated and i also have gastraites( sorry for the spelling) he gave me antibiotics for the infection and pills for the pain. wat can i buy for the other but over the counter??
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 3 hours later
Have you undergone urine routine microscopy examination and ultrasound imaging of lower abdomen?
With bladder infection, possibility of constipation appears to be least.
You should continue antibiotics as advised by your treating doctor along with proton pump inhibitors.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava