Treatment available for Diverticulitis of bowel? Suggest ways to alleviate this condition?

What treatment is available for DIVERTICULITIS of bowel/ bladder or is there some action I can take to alleviate this condition
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 24 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Diverticulosis can be managed with expectant treatment with a high-fiber diet with avoidance of nuts and seeds.
Diverticulitis is a bit serious affair particularly in your case when there is significant cardiac commodities and medicines like aspirin are being used.
You should get in touch with a local surgeon get the base line investigations and get a physical examination to rule out some thing sinister like perforation.
if there is no grave thing then you may be managed with antibiotics and high fibre liquid/semisolid diets.
In case of complications diverticulitis may invite surgical intervention.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Treatment available for Diverticulitis of bowel? Suggest ways to alleviate this condition? 6 hours later
Does This condition cause constipation
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 11 hours later
Welcome back to healthcare magic.
The diverticulosis is as such not a cause for constipation but the foods which cause constipation can increase the problem.
So it is worthwhile to make sure that one is not having constipation if the diverticulosis is there.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.