Ask a Urologist   »  

Torn foreskin on the penis. Treatment?

General Surgeon
i have a torn foreskin at the base off my head what shold i do
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 22 minutes later

Torn foreskin at the base of head needs simple application of some antibiotic cream and avoidance of intercourse for 5-7 days. Topical antibiotic creams such as neosporin are available over the counter. The wound will gradually heal in a week.

Analgesics such as tab Ibuprofen will take care of pain.

Watch out for symptoms of fever, abnormal discharge from the site of injury, burning sensation while passing urine and so on. Oral antibiotics may be needed if these symptoms occur.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

“Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”