Ask a Dentist   »  

Tooth pain. Taken three doses of advil liquid gel. Safe to take acetaminophen with codeine for pain relief ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Can I mix acetaminophen w/ codeine #3 with advil liquid gel 200 mg?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 36 minutes later

For a toothache, you have already taken 3 doses of 200mg Advil in last 4 hours. Total dose of 600mg is the routine analgesic dose for ibuprofen.

You can safely take acetaminophen with codeine now for pain relief. Be careful not to take these medicines on an empty stomach.

For a better effect you can take these with a strong cup of coffee.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.