Took vaccination of rubella. Trying for pregnancy. Is it safe to eat egg?

hi there
eating eggs are good to keep pregnancy. .as someone told my friend that if you wanted to be pregnant then dont eat eggs as she is trying to be pregnant fron last 3 to 4 years ...last time she taken vaccination of rubella coz she has less amount of rubella.. she truely willing to be pregnant as she is 30 yr old
so please suggest the good way or precautions to being pregnant..

Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later
Thanks for your question.
This is nothing but a myth. You can eat eggs & get pregnant.
A couple who is trying for pregnancy for 4 years is likely to be suffering from some fertility problem. They should consult a good fertility specialist for necessary investigation & treatment.
A couple who is trying for a pregnancy should have regular intercourse 3-4 times per week. A normal couple has 80-90% chance of conception using this method.
Female partner should take folic acid supplements for increasing the chance of a healthy well formed baby.
Your friend took a good decision by taking rubella vaccination. She should now avoid pregnancy for 3 months.
Another important advise for a couple is to have a general health check up before conception to optimise their health if any undiagnosed disease is found or to adjust their medicine if they have a known medical problem. As some medicine may have a harmful effect on the baby.
A couple should stop smoking & avoid any drug abuse.
They should loose or gain weight if they are outside the normal BMI range.
This is just a brief outline. You may ask a follow up question if you need more details.
Wish you best of luck.
Follow-up: Took vaccination of rubella. Trying for pregnancy. Is it safe to eat egg? 3 days later
hi dr. Kulsoom
Thanks for the answer.
I'm 10 weeks pregnant and quite worried about size of my breast it's too small as negligible does it will increase till my due date of pregnancy. neither how can I feed my baby.
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 3 hours later
Thanks for your question & welcome back.
You don't have to worry about the size of breast. It increases to a certain extant during pregnancy as mothers body prepare for breast feeding under the influence of hormones.
Breast size has nothing to do as far as breast feeding is concerned as these are not milk glands that are responsible for breast size but the contour & size of breast are determined by fat.
Only the nipple & areola (pink portion around nipple) are used for breast feeding not the whole breast.
Hope I have addressed your concerns.