Took two clonidine tablets. Should I worry?

Rheumatologist
Question
I took two .1 mg clonidine tablets by mistake, thinking they were another daily med. am I going to be alright?
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX . Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that due to over dose patient can develop hypotension, bradycardia, respiratory depression, hypothermia, drowsiness, decreased or absent reflexes, weakness, irritability etc. But in your case its just two tablets so I am a liitle wary of the fact that you will develop any thing . Reaction to overdosage varies from person to person . It cannot be predicted whether you will develop any or not but still you feel any kind of drowsiness , weakness etc. you should see a doctor immediately . Take care. Dr. Shruti