Took steroid injection in hip and had severe limp. Having sciatica. Is it relted?

Hi last week I had steroid injection in my hip I have had severe limp for over a year. Which has made me almost a recluse . The past couple of days my sciatica has been really bad are the two things connected ? Regards Katey
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possible, but can't be sure without examining. Detailed Answer: Hello Mrs XXXX, Thank you for posting your query. There is a possibility that the steroid injection which you were given might have caused the worsening of the sciatica, it generally should not cause, rather it would help reduce sciatica if you have it. However, any injection, if not given in the proper site can cause certain issues, in your case I would suspect the injection might have touched or damaged the sciatic nerve during the process of injection, hence the worsening of sciatica. I can not be sure about this, as the confirmation would require careful examination as well as some diagnostic tests. So I request you to kindly consult your treating doctor and report to him about the development, he should be able to give you an appropriate prescription. I hope I have answered your concern, however you are most welcome to ask me if you need further clarification or in case you have any more questions. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Kindest regards,
Follow-up: Took steroid injection in hip and had severe limp. Having sciatica. Is it relted? 5 minutes later
Thankyou so much for ur prompt reply and I will take your advice. Kind regards. Kathleen
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Happy to be of some help mam. Detailed Answer: Hello again Mrs. XXXX, It is nice to hear from you, and I am indeed very happy to know that I could be some help to you. Thank you very much for choosing this forum for you health concerns. I look forward to serving you in the future too. All the very best, and wishing you good health. Warm regards,