Took rephresh pro-B and helps ph balance. Bow have huge rash on cheeks. Side effect?

I recently took rephresh pro-B and its been about a week...seems to help my ph balance I have a huge rash on both cheeks? Can I take something to get rid of the rash..? should I stop using this pro b ?
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, discontinue

Detailed Answer:

Given the temporal relation between the introduction of the probiotic supplement and the nature/location of the symptoms, an allergic reaction to any of the components of Refresh Pro B is possible; you could try an oral antihistaminic such as fexofenadine, cetirizine or diphenhydramine, and a topical low dose steroid as hydrocortisone for relief, as well as discontinuing the supplement. Some of the good quality yogurts, such as Greek yougurt, can provide appropiate probiotic support.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN