Took regestrone 5mg. Had intercourse. Missing periods. What are the risks?

Question
hi my due date was on 23rd oct. but i took regestrone 5mg for 6 days from 22nd oct....i made relation with my fiancé on 28th oct. after that i stoped having it. now its 4th nov. i am not having periods. kindly advise.
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 7 minutes later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

I would like to clarify few points.

What was the reason for taking Regesterone? Was it just to delay periods so that you can have contact?

Was your contact a protected one? If yes then what did you use?

Are your cycles otherwise regular?

Did you have any other physical contact in your last cycle that is before 28th?

Kindly revert back with the answers.

Follow-up: Took regestrone 5mg. Had intercourse. Missing periods. What are the risks? 35 minutes later
yeah i took it to delay my periods so to have contact. it was a protected contact. previously i had faced delay by 2-3 days but not such long. no i didnt have any contact before 28th oct.

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 12 minutes later
Hello there.

Thanks for the reply.

Withdrawal bleeding after regesterone usually occur within 3-7 days after stopping the tablet.
You can wait maximum for ten days.

In case you do not menstruate, then you need to visit a gynecologist for examination and if required an ultrasound. This will help to rule out causes of delayed periods.

Ruling out pregnancy is also a must which you can do by a urine test for pregnancy though its unlikely that you are pregnant considering your history.

I hope I have answered your query.