Took monistat for yeast infection. Noticed redness and dryness on foreskin. Used cetaphil. Effective cure?

Urologist
Question
Hi therevi recently had a yeast infection i am a 28 year old male its been about 3 weeks the doctor gace me monistat ive takin it for 2 weeks and now the skin on my foreskin is all read and dry and theres white marks underneath the forskin i went to the doctor yesterday and she gave me cetaphil wash but thatbis just makin it worse ne info u could give me would be greatly appreciated thx
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 23 minutes later

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have infection of a foreskin since 3 weeks and have treated with anti yeast drugs.

Have you ever tested your Blood Sugar to rule out Diabetes? If not get it checked now as it is common in Diabetic individuals.

Take antibiotics like Doxycycline to control the secondary bacterial infection along with anti fungal medicine like Fluconazole twice daily and topical anti fungal gel like Meconazole for local application. .
Get prescription of these drugs from your family physician.

Observe proper personal hygiene by cleaning the area with warm water.

Hope, I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards,
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Took monistat for yeast infection. Noticed redness and dryness on foreskin. Used cetaphil. Effective cure? 32 minutes later
Kk thx i forgot to mention it wasnt dry and red untill i had unprotected sex with my gf while i had a yeast infection i didnt go to the doctor till a week after infection so i didnt no wut i hadvi was also on antibiotics for sinus infection my doctor said it started from that

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 45 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
I am sorry I could not follow your query as you have written in short cuts. Will you kindly write again in full sentences and words, to make me understand and answer them?
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Took monistat for yeast infection. Noticed redness and dryness on foreskin. Used cetaphil. Effective cure? 2 hours later
Okay so ive had a sinus infection for years my doctor gave me a new antibiotic ( ratio cefurocime ) to try about a week into taking it my girlfriend and i had unprotected sex as we always do didnt try any new lubrication or anything, the next morning my penis didnt feel right i didnt do anything different except use condums about a week after that we had unprotected sex again and immediatly after the tip of my penis was swollen red dry and sore i went to the doctor about 3 days after and was told i had a yeast infection from the anitbioctics i was taking so i was perscribed monistat, told to stop taking the medication, and also tried the typical home remedies for yeast infections wich seemed to help and brought the swelling down i did this for two weeks and made another appointment to see the doctor because the outside of my penis is very dry and when i pull the foreskin down its dry white and red this was 2 days ago when they gave me cetaphil wich makes it worse and hurt and more red so i have been using 100% aloe vera gel and the monistat because it feels much better than the cetahphil wash. The first time i seen the doctor it was my family doc this second time around was a different doc because mine is on vacation. What should i do? I cant stand this anymore please help me
Thank you for reading this

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for posting all the events in detail.
It appears that you have acquired muco cutaneous Genital Candidiasis due to unprotected dry sex.

Please take some anti fungal medication like fluconazole twice daily for 5 days along with topical anti fungal gels like Fluconozole for local application.

Observe proper personal hygiene buy cleaning the foreskin and glans with warm water.

It should be cured in a week.

Thanks and Regards.

Dr.Patil