Took monistat and have swelling on uvula. Is it a side effect?

I took monistat earlier today and now i have swelling on my uvula
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem Monistat consists of miconazole which is antifungal drug and generally used for vaginal yeast infection .

I think the swelling on uvula can be an allergic response to the drug and thus it needs to be stopped . I will advise you to discuss with your treating physician who has prescribed this drug to you and continue it further only if he advises to do so .

Rash and allergic responses are well known with this drug . Kindly seek medical advise early.

Dr. Shruti