Took misoprostol vaginally for medical abortion. Stomach cramping, bleeding and diarrhea. Is this a proper medication?

I am approximately 3-4 weeks pregnant. Yesterday I went to the lab, HCG quantitative testing was positive 4586. Last night I started at 8:50 pm 800 mcg misoprostol vaginally. Since my mom had some tablets for peptic ulcers and I had done my reseach. All night I experienced cramping and around 5:00 am they stopped. At 5:30 I noticed some bleeding only when using the bathroom. I introduce 4 more tablets 12 hours later (8:50 am). I have some cramps and light bleeding only when using restroom. I do have some diarrhea and chills, but nothing more . Do you think Misoprostol will work?
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 7 hours later

The regimen of medicine which you have taken for medical abortion is incomplete without mifepristone. Also medical abortion medicines should be taken under supervision of local doctor. In my opinion the medicines which you have taken may not work effectively and your abortion may be incomplete, therefore you should consult your local doctor for further management, in the form of ultrasound of uterus followed by medicines.

Regarding diarrhea and chills these are short term side effects of misoprostol. Drink lot of fluids. If there is no improvement, please visit the Emergency room.

Best wishes