Took mensovit tablet. Not getting period. What is the cause?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
not get the period ,
11 days exceeding, i had mensovit tablet yesterday night 2 nos and today noon 2 nos still now not getting peroid, what can i do .. . .
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 19 minutes later

According to manufacturers Mensovit tablet is a herbal product, which will regularize the periods.
But better to use the tablets only after consulting the doctor.
Now you consult the gynecologist once, and:
-If the possibility of pregnancy is there, rule out that first.
-Then with her advice you can go for tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Took mensovit tablet. Not getting period. What is the cause? 9 minutes later
she s getting shevaring noon itself

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

The shivering could be possibly a side effect of the tablets she took.
Any how as there are no sufficient well controlled studies on that tablet efficacy in regularization of menstrual cycle, better to consult gynecologist and get evaluated to detect the cause for delayed periods and take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding with her advice.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.