Took medicine twice accidentally for blood pressure. What should I do?

Jan 2013

I take atelenol 25g , losartan 50 mg, and Triamterene 37.5 every morning for high blood pressure, Accidently I also just took them this evening at 10 pm. My pressure before was 135/57which is usual. Pulse was 48 which is a little lower than usual (in the 50's) . Is there anything I can do?
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 21 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Atenolol is prone to cause decrease in heart rate and as you have already low heart rate, so in my personal opinion you should stop atenolol.
In spite of atenolol, you can take another antihypertensive.
If a patient take any tablet which also decrease heart rate then heart rate up to 60/ beats per minute is acceptable.
Dose should be taken so that heart rate doesn't fall below 60/ bpm (as you have only around 50/ bpm).

You should also consult with your treating doctor / XXXXXXX medicine specialist and should go for thorough check up.
As you have mentioned that you are also suffering from anemia then you should also go for complete hemogram, serum iron level, total iron binding capacity, serum ferritin, renal function test (renal disease causes decrease hemoglobin formation).

Other mentioned medicine you can continue safely.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other queries.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava