Took lothoril sr, parkin and aripiprazol. Getting restlessness and shivering. Reason?

Jun 2013

My bro was treated for with BPST few months back and is still under medication taking Lothoril SR 400mg,Aripiprazole also Parkin 2mg. Doctors stopped giving Parkin from this month, but after like 5 days of stopping Parkin he is not able to sleep nor stay awake he's very restless and his body shivers a lot. Please advice on this.

Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 4 minutes later
Hi there,

Thank you for asking this question on the forum. I would like to let you know that stopping the Parkin probably is giving him extra pyramidal symptoms (EPS), which is a term used to describe what the medication was being used for. Patients on antipsychotics such as aripiprazole experience EPS and he needs to be restarted on the medication. Please consult your brother's psychiatrist for the same. I hope this helps with his condition.

Take care and have a great day !