Took ipill after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Am I at any risk?

Mar 2013
My boyfriend and me had sex on 28 feb and not sure but the condom tore and he came inside me. As in this part of the world after pills arent available but somehow he got an ipill but took it only within 96hours where it was supposed to be taken within 72 hrs. A relief for me was last month my period was on 7th feb so it should have been on 5th this month ideally. Hence I believe I was on safe periods. But just to confirm I took the pill on 4th mar. 5th march night I had a couple of spotting seen in my panties and I was already having all symptoms of having periods but after the ipill I could see only 2 spots. And nothing during night and whole day today so far. I am worried doctor. Kindly let me know if I am ok and had not concieved doctor.
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 7 minutes later
Thank you for your query.

Firstly, you are right, if you have always had regular cycles, then you would mostly not be ovulating on the 28th of February, as that would be Day 22 of your cycle.
However, ovulation is not always predictable and varies from cycle to cycle, so you cannot be 100 % sure, though more than 90 % , I would say it was your safe period.
Next, the efficiency of an I pill dramatically decreases after 72 hours, so I dont think you can completely rely on that, in case you were ovulating.
Regarding the spotting, it commonly occurs after taking the I pill.
Also, the I pill is known to interfere with the normal menstrual cycle.
In some women, it delays the normal period by a week or so.

I would advise you to wait for one week more.
In case you do not get your normal periods by then, please take a home urine pregnancy test just to be on the safer side.
Please ensure protected sex in the future.

Take care, and feel free to ask further questions if any.