Took ipill. Having early periods and prolonged bleeding. What should I do?

my wife consumed i pill 20days ago.. now she is facing side effects of i pill.. her menstural cycle has started very early(after 15 days). and it has not been finished yet. it has started 10days before and still bleeding is same as it was on 1st day. what should she do..??
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 52 minutes later

Generally I-pill is well tolerated if taken at appropriate time and dose. But because you are having irregular and heavy bleeding, it needs to be treatment at the earliest.

There are bleeding arresting drugs like tranexamic acid which can be used under the guidance of a gynecologist. She can consider consulting a gynecologist nearby and take a prescription and also plan for ultrasonography test. In the interim, she also needs to take iron supplements to treat the complications of anemia.

Don't worry side effect subsides within 3months. Nevertheless she needs to seek the help of her gynecologist to arrest bleeding.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further question, I will be happy to help.

Dr. Richa