Took i-pills in 3 days and again had sex . Suggest solution without any side effect?

Question
I took 2 i-pills in 3 days and again had sex after 48 hrs of the last intake, I know that there was no ejection inside but I am not sure about it. Please suggest me what to do ? Kindly tell the solution which will no have any side effects i future when we want to have children.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX XXXXX

Thanks for the query

If i-pill is taken more than once in a cycle its efficacy decreases. Also, if unprotected intercourse is done after pill, then its efficacy decreases.

As you have used i-pill multiple times, you need some regular method of contraception.

In my opinion, you can opt for intrauterine devices which will act as regular contraception and as emergency contraception too at this point of time if used within 5 days of intercourse.It will also not interfere with your fertility. You can get it removed and plan your pregnancy whenever you feel convenient.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you. If you have any further query you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Took i-pills in 3 days and again had sex . Suggest solution without any side effect? 21 hours later
As there was Coitus interruptus all the three times we had sex, I ate the pills as I didn't want to take risk. Do you still recommend intrauterine devices ? and if yes how and where can i use this ? Can I contact you outside this on phone or somewhere in hyd ?

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 18 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX XXXXX

Thanks for the followup.

Failure rate of coitus interuptus is highest i.e.18 per 100 women years.You also mentioned that you don't want to take risk and you are not sure of your method. That's why I suggested you to use some other method of contraception.

Also, it is not advisable to use i pill multiple times in a month.So, you should opt for some regular method of contraception.

Intrauterine devices are placed inside uterine cavity. You can get it inserted at some nearby clinic. No premedication is required for that.

You can contact me on my phone number any time.

Good Luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Took i-pills in 3 days and again had sex . Suggest solution without any side effect? 5 hours later
Can you please give me your phone number or mail me at YYYY@YYYY ?

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 4 hours later
Hi, You can ring me at 0000.