Took double dose of diltiazem and also take Flecainide with Pravada for Afib. Any side effect?

About an hour ago I took a double dose of diltiazem erc 180mg I take this once a day. I also take flecainide 100mg twice a day and Pravda 150mg twice a day for treatment of a fib. I currently do not have any symptoms. Thank you
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
please see details.

Detailed Answer:
Respected Sir
1. The major possible side effects that may occur are low blood pressure and very slow heart rate. The buildup of such effects will be slow because of sustained release nature (~2 hours). The peak effect is usually seen between 10-14 hours. However these pharamacokinetics and side effects vary from individual to individual. Since you are on flecainide too, the side effects related to lower heart rate may be more severe.
2. The symptoms may be shortness of breath, chest pain, vertigo, blackout, listlessness, loss of consciousness etc.
3. I would request you to visit Emergency room (ER) and be under supervision for ~24 hours. This would be the safest.
Hope that helps. Feel free to discuss further.