Took coke and urine drug test done. What does the reports says?

Hello, I did two grams of coke on Monday, and got urine drug tested Thursday morning, I drank plenty of water and cranberry juice all those days, my employer said my urine looked to clear, and sent it to the lab for further study, will I come out positive? Im a 6ft tall male and weight around 220 lbs, thank you. Also I had not done coke for a whole month, prior to that day. I also took 2 home test that said negative, but the one at work wasn't clear so my employer sent it to the lab.
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 38 minutes later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Coke contain cocaine and cocaine is fat soluble substance.

Most of cocaine is metabolized by the liver with very little unaltered cocaine being released through the urine. Urine drug tests measure the existence of cocaine in the body by detecting cocaine metabolites (benzoyulecgonine and ecgonine methyl ester). The identification of these metabolites can be detected four hours after use and will continue to be detectable for five to ten days depending on metabolic rate, kidney function, frequency and amount of cocaine used.

After single time use, cocaine detected in body for following duration: Urine (4-5 days) and nail (upto 9 months)

It is also depend on quality of lab. Good and advanced lab can detect even minor amount of cocaine metabolites (upto 10 days) in urine.

So considering above facts, chances are high to have positive test. So, keep finger crossed and hope for the best.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Wish you good health.