Took an ipill after having unprotected sex. What are the chances of pregnancy?

Mar 2016

Hi, My cycle was to fall on 30th Oct but it didn't start. Meanwhile I happened to have unprotected sex on 2nd Nov. He ejaculated inside me. I took an i-pill within 4-5 hours. My periods haven't started yet as of 5th Nov. Are there chances of pregnancy?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NO CHANCE OF PREGNANCY. WAIT FEW MORE DAYS. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) Unprotected sex with ejaculation 2 days after expected period date (30th Oct) is extremely safe. After that, you took I-pill within 4 to 5 hrs of sex which gives more than 95% protection against unwanted pregnancy. In this case, your chance of pregnancy is almost nil. 2) Following taking pill, most women get withdrawal bleeding (similar to period) within 7-10 days. I-pill is the culprit for late period in this case due to hormonal imbalance. Herein, you have to wait few more days to get period naturally. 3) You must avoid mental stress and maintain a healthy life style. Take balanced diet, keep bowel habit regular and take sound sleep. These will help to hasten your period. Hope, I have answered your query. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me. Wish your good health and practice safe sex in future also. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW