Toddler just passed a stool with white lump in it. Should I be worried?

toddler just passed a stool with white lump in it - otherwise it was normal - as is he - eating temperature etc - what could it be? he has eaten fish today? it looked like a lump of fish?
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 34 minutes later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX

I would advice you, not to bother too much about the stool content, as long as the consistency is normal. It doesn’t contain blood or too much mucous, not painful, not associated with vomiting or abdominal pain.

Only if the problem persists for few days, you need to visit a pediatrician & confirm that nothing abnormal is happening. Sometimes it could be a foreign body which he could have swallowed, since toddlers are curious in exploring their surrounding by putting objects in their mouth frequently. For the moment nothing looks serious, be vigilant.

If you have any further queries, I’m happy to assist you, if no kindly close the query & rate it.
Take care,

Dr. Balaji Chinnasami, MD
Assistant Professor- Pediatrics